Here is some important County-by-County information on July 4th Weekend fireworks permitting and public shows. Fireworks are a common cause of brushfires in dry, grassy areas - attend and enjoy public fireworks displays to maximize safety and fire protection.
- "Fireworks can be dangerous, causing serious burns and eye injuries.
- Young children and fireworks do not mix. Never give fireworks, even sparklers to young children. Sparklers burn at temperatures of 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Older children should only use fireworks under the direct supervision of an adult.
- Always read and follow all warnings and instructions listed by the manufacturer for the safe use and handling of fireworks.
- Make sure you have a clear, flat area to use the fireworks; away from structures, dry grass or brush, or other readily ignitable materials.
- Have a water hose or bucket of water readily available in case of a fire."