Learn more about wildfire prevention methods and how you can incorporate these strategies into your work and project areas. These wildfire reduction strategies include taking a proactive approach against wildfire to help protect Hawaii’s natural resources, coral reefs, fisheries, water quality and nearshore waters.
· Firewise principles
· Methods to help safeguard the natural resources you are working with
· Data on wildfire occurrences in Hawaii and the impact to natural resources
· Examples of fire prevention methods and lessons learned
· Benefits of being proactive
· Information on sediment impacts to coral reefs
· Challenges and opportunities to implementing action
· Available references and new website
· How fire proof is your area?
We will provide education and outreach materials for you to share with your organization, staff and adjacent landowners.
Banner photo: South Kohala Coastal Partnership rallied its partners, including HWMO for a field tour of its post-fire restoration site next to Mauumae Beach.