Interested in helping improve water quality and reduce the fire hazards in Waimea on Hawaii Island? Wai 2 Kai is holding a Community Work Day on Saturday August 22nd, along the stream behind Waimea Center.
Location: Meet at Waimea Center/KTA by the Paniolo Statue.
Parking: Behind the shopping center.
RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20
Photos above are of a recent fuels reduction effort (before on the left, after on the right) funded by HWMO through a U.S. Forest Service grant in conjunction with SKCP and UH Sea Grant to clear hazardous fuels at the volunteer site. You can also make a difference by joining the effort!
Please bring with you:
- Sturdy Shoes/Hiking Boots or Water shoes (tabis)
- Gloves (we will have some available to borrow)
- Long Sleeve (to protect you when you're pulling weeds/invasive plants)
- Wind breaker/Rain Jacket (in case we get Waimea mist/rain)
- Water Bottle
- Hand Tools (pruning shears, loppers, hand saws) - we will also bring extra hand tools